DIY Entry Table with Cubby Storage Woodworking Plan
Instant download PDF woodworking plan.
Build a beautiful mid-century inspired DIY entry table with cubby storage. This sturdy console is finished on all four sides, so it can be used as a kitchen island or room dresser, as well as a baby changing table dresser (with an added changing table topper, plans coming soon).
The cubby openings are 13 ¼” x 13 ¼” and 17 ¾” deep, compatible with 13-inch IKEA Kallax organizers (or comparable from other stores).
- 37" tall
- 43 ½” wide
- 20" deep
Skill Level: Advanced Beginner to Intermediate.
The 24-page woodworking plan includes detailed assembly and cut diagrams, as well as step by step assembly instructions. Required skills:
- Basic woodworking skills, including how to read a cut list/diagram, how to measure and cut accurately
- How to cut in rabbet and dado joints with a router or dado blades on table saw
Watch the video tutorial on the Remodelaholic YouTube channel.
PLEASE NOTE... This product is a digital download only. No physical product will be shipped. Due to the nature of digital products, no refunds or returns are allowed. Some links on this page are affiliate links provided for your shopping convenience; products are sold at no extra cost to you if you purchase from our partners via these links.
Once purchased and downloaded, all you have to do is print and start building!
To build this entry table, you'll need:
- (2) 96 x 48” x 3/4” - Cabinet Grade Plywood (I upgraded to a really nice maple plywood)*
- (9) 96 x 1½” x ¾” - 1x2 Select Pine Boards for Face Frame
- (1) Cabinet Door Knob
- (2) IKEA UTRUSTA 153 degree Hinges
- (2) IKEA UTRUSTA Door damper, for hinge 153 °
- (2) Cabinet Latches (optional)
- DAP Wood Glue
- DAP Wood Patch
- Paint and Primer of your choice
- Wood Stain
- Clear Coat Finish
plus these tools:
- Table Saw
- Circular Saw
- Miter Saw
- 24 -30 In. Clamp Edge And Saw Guide
- 24 In. Clamp Edge And Saw Guide (this is the one in the video)
- Diablo Plywood Saw Blade for Table Saw
- Diablo Plywood Saw Blade for Circular Saw
- Dado Blade Kit (optional)*
- Handheld Router*
- ¾” Router Blade*
- Clamp-It® Corner Clamping Jig with Clamp-It® Assembly Square
- 36" Bar Clamps
- Spring Clamps
- Toggle Clamps
- Straight Boards for Router Guides
- Pin Nail Gun
- Pin Nails
- Rockler 3-Piece Silicone Glue Application Kit
- Tape Measure
- Sanding Block
- Sandpaper 120 and 220 sheets
- Putty Knife
*To create the rabbet joints and dado joints, you will need either a table saw with a dado blade kit *or* a handheld router with a 3/4" router blade.
Copyright information: This purchase is for PERSONAL NON-COMMERCIAL USE ONLY and may not be altered, resold, redistributed or used for further distribution or sale in any way. Artwork is copyright of Remodelaholic LLC©.